Impressions from my Vlog
The capital Santo Domingo has many New World buildings in the Colonial Zone, such as a Cathedral and Fortaleza Ozama. Worth seeing was the 3-eyes National Park (Los Tres Ojos) with three Lagoon in the middle of the city.
- I was for 9 days in the Dominican Republic with Haiti:
- Day 1: Afternoon flight from Kingston (Jamaica) to Santo Domingo.
- Day 2: Bus from Santo Domingo to Cap-Haitien (Haiti)
- Day 3: Haiti
- Day 4: Bus from Cap Haitien (Haiti) to Santo Domingo.
- Day 5-8: Santo Domingo with a visit to the Colonial Zone and the 3-Eye National Park. Otherwise, I spent a lot of time reading, online training and working.
- Day 9: Flight to Sint Maarten (Netherlands).
- The beaches at Punta Cana are said to be very beautiful. I already saw many beautiful beaches in the Caribbean and let them out.
- Spanish is spoken in the Dominican Republic and only partial English.
- I used for my planning and can recommend the Lonely Planet for the Caribbean Islands.
- Getting there:
- There are several international airports.
- Cruise ships
- Ferry from Puerto Rico (USA).
- Budget transport from the airport in Santo Domingo to the city:
- From the airport in Santo Domingo to the city is no public transport.
- The cheapest way is Uber. The airport has free Wi-Fi.
- Within Santo Domingo, I also used Uber like to get to the bus station.
- Budget transport between the cities:
- For the means of transport between the cities, there are suggestions on Rome2Rio.
- A bus company is Caribe Tours.
- There are some hostels on HostelWorld.
- I spend every night in Santo Domingo at the Island Life Backpackers Hostel(HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com).
- It is run by an American who traveled a lot himself.
- I liked the all-you-can-eat breakfast with pancakes, scrambled eggs, muesli, soup, vegetable stew with sausage (no idea who’s something like this for breakfast?!?).
- The Wi-Fi was strong, the toilets new and there was a lot of space.
- Rates were the same across all online platforms. To save 10%, I recommend booking with Hotels.com with the collection of bonus nights.
Do you have questions to plan your trip or suggestions? I'm looking forward to your commentary.