The United Kingdom is in Northern Europe and consists of the island countries of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Stonehenge is a 5,500-year-old structure made up of a stone circle.
London is the capital of the United Kingdoms and England. Impressive was Buckingham Palace with its guard change, the Tower Bridge, the clock tower Big Ben at the Westminster Palace and the Ferris Wheel London Eye.
Greenwich is a district of London. Impressive was the Museum of the Royal Observatory, which played a major role in the study of astrology and navigation.
Windsor Castle is located close to London and impressed by its size and detailed architecture.
The city Oxford is known for its universities. Impressive was the Eagle and Child pub, where JRR often was Tolkien, the author of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit.
The city Bath is southwest of London and known for its hot springs. Impressive was the well-preserved bath from the Roman period, that today is a museum.
Turks and Caicos Islands
The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean. They consist of the two island groups Turks and Caicos. Since my flight was canceled from Jamaica to the Dominican Republic, the new flight went over the Turks & Caicos Islands. There I had to immigrate and got a stamp in my passport.
- I have been to England several times. London is by far the most popular destination, with thousands of tourists even in the cold winter.
- I visited Stonehenge on a day trip and took a train from London to Salisbury. The Hop on Hop off bus, which waits on arrival at the train station, took me to Stonehenge.
- I visited Bath and Oxford over the Weekend, which are connected by bus from London.
- The subway, also called Tube, is the fastest means of transport in London and can be navigated with Google Maps.
- For transport between the cities I can recommend Rom2Rio. My experience was that a bus is much faster and cheaper than a train.
- I can recommend Skyscanner to find the cheapest flight.
- I always stayed in hostels and booked them with HostelWorld.
Do you have questions to plan your trip or suggestions? I'm looking forward to your commentary.