Impressions from my Vlog
In the northwest of the island is the Pigeon Island with a wonderful view. On it is the fortress Rodney and the island was artificially connected to the mainland.
In the northwest of the island is the Rodney Bay with a beautiful sandy beach and a tourist shopping district.
In the southwest of the island is the city Soufriere with sharp mountain peaks that were created during a volcanic eruption. Nearby is “Sulfur Springs”, where you can swim in mud and hot springs.
- I stayed 4 days on Saint Lucia:
- Day 1: Arrival by ferry from Fort-de-France (Martinique, France) to Castries.
- Day 2: Excursion to the northern part of the island with Pigeon Island, Gros Islet and Rodney Bay.
- Day 3: Excursion to the southern part of the island with Soufriere and swimming in mud.
- Day 4: Departure by plane from Castries to Kingston (St. Vincent and the Grenadines).
- I used for my planning and can recommend the Lonely Planet for the Caribbean Islands.
- Getting there:
- Saint Lucia has an international airport.
- Cruise ships
- Ferry from Martinique, Dominica or Guadalupe.
- Budget transport from the airport to the city:
- At the airport at Castries are only taxis and no public transport.
- The road between Castries and Gros Islet is just a few minutes walk away. There are minibuses every few minutes.
- Budget transport on Saint Lucia:
- Minibuses depart from the capital Castries in all directions.
- The minibuses have a bus number and leave when they are full.
- The buses stop only at the bus stops.
- Castries and Gros Islet are permanently connected from early morning until late at night. I had a bus from Castries to Gros Islet at 10 pm after the ferry arrival.
- I found the most budget accommodation on AirBNB.
- I can recommend staying in the capital Castries. It is centrally located and with the minibuses, you can explore the rest of the island cost-effectively.
- I stayed in an AirBNB between Castries and Gros Islet. It was the most budget stay I could find with a very good price. Bus stops for minibuses were only a minute walk away to get quickly to the capital.
Leave A Comment