Impressions from my Vlog
The capital Basseterre offers a small town center. Worth seeing was a bell tower and the museum of St. Kitts & Nevis.
Brimstone Hill Fortress
The Brimstone mountain fortress is a huge castle west of Basseterre.
Nevis is one of the two islands and is connected by a ferry with Basseterre. I made a day trip and explored at the city of Charlestown.
- I stayed 4 days on St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Day 1: Arrival by plane from Sint Maarten (Netherlands).
- Day 2: In the morning I made a day trip by ferry to Nevis. In the afternoon, I visited Basseterre and the Museum of St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Day 3: In the morning I made a trip to the Brimstone mountain fortress and relaxed in the afternoon.
- Day 4: Departure by plane to Saint John’s (Antigua & Barbuda).
- I used for my planning and can recommend the Lonely Planet for the Caribbean Islands.
- Getting there:
- Saint Kitts has an international airport.
- Cruise ships
- Budget transport from the airport to the city:
- At the airport are only taxis and no public transport.
- The road to Basseterre is just a few minutes walk away and you can take a minibus from there.
- Budget transport on Saint Kitts & Nevis:
- Minibuses go from Basseterre in all directions.
- Departure as soon as the bus is full, which took only 5 to 10 minutes.
- To get on, lift your arm up the roadside.
- To get off, say “Bus Stop”.
- There are a few bus stops. They also stop on request on the way. The driver let me out directly on the road to the Brimstone mountain fortress. On the way back I took the next bus at the intersection.
- Kitts & Nevis are connected by a ferry.
- I found the most budget accommodation on AirBNB.
- I can recommend as location the capital Basseterre. It’s centrally located and you can explore the rest of the island cost-effective with buses. In Basseterre is also the ferry port to get to Nevis.
- I stayed in an AirBNB within 15-minute walk to the airport. It had good reviews and I went to the capital with a minibus that drove every few minutes.