Impressions from my Vlog
Grand Etang National Park
In the center of Grenada lies the Grand Etang National Park. You can drive directly to a lake and there are several trails through tropical jungle scenery. I hiked for about an hour to the Mount Qua Qua and I saw free-living monkeys.
In the capital St George is the Fort George on the mountain with a beautiful view of the harbor. The Grenada Museum was well laid out and I walked along the harbor.
- I was for 4 days on Grenada:
- Day 1: Arrival by plane from Barbados.
- Day 2: I hiked in the morning in the Grand Etang National Park and was in St George in the afternoon.
- Day 3: Relaxed.
- Day 4: Departure by plane to Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago).
- I used for my planning and can recommend the Lonely Planet for the Caribbean Islands.
- Getting there:
- There is an international airport.
- Cruise ships
- Island hopping across several islands from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Budget transport on Barbados:
- There are minibusses with bus numbers.
- Buses run every few minutes between the airport and the capital St George.
- From St George are minibusses in all directions.
- I paid between 3 EC (1 €) and 5 EC (1.66 €) per bus ride.
- I found the most budget accommodation on AirBNB.
- I can recommend as location the capital St George or on the way to the airport. It’s centrally located and you can explore the rest of the island cost-effective with buses.
- I stayed in an AirBNB (Authentic Grenadian Experience) in walking distance to the airport. Nearby minibusses drove to the capital every few minutes. The accommodation was clean and I had a well-equipped kitchen.
Leave A Comment