Ireland is an island in Northern Europe. Impressive were the gigantic cliffs of Moher and the Guinness brewery.
In the capital Dublin, the famous beer Guinness is brewed. In the city center there is a bar next to each other, including the famous Temple Bar.
Books of Kells
Books of Kells is a large library in Dublin that reminded me of fantasy and medieval movies.
Cliffs of Moher
The cliffs of Moher are located on the western side of the island and have an impressive height of over 200 meters.
- I flew from Germany to Dublin for a weekend. I made a day trip to the cliffs of Moher and spend the rest of the time at Dublin.
- I booked the day trip to the Cliffs of Moher via Viator. This was faster and cheaper than traveling by public transport.
- I have used the Lonely Planet for Europe for planning and can recommended it for Ireland.
- Public transport in Dublin is available with Google Maps.
- Transport between the cities can be planned with Rome2Rio. I read that the trains are much more expensive and slower than buses.
- Ireland is the home of Ryanair and on Skyscanner you can find cheap flights.
- For Dublin, it’s best to book at HostelWorld.
- I can recommend booking the hostel in time. I booked a few days in advance and for the weekend, almost everything was fully booked.
Do you have questions to plan your trip or suggestions? I'm looking forward to your commentary.